Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sonic Death Rabbit (or, a Mustached Man-About Town)

Day 17. The mustache is coming on strong. Still blond directly above the lip, but if you're looking at me from 10 paces, I'm definitely a guy with a mustache.

So does a Mustachioed Man with a heart of gold spend his Sunday evenings? Going to see the Charlotte Roller Girls, of course. It was their first Charlotte bout, and it was definitely a lot of fun. With player names like Sonic Death Rabbit, Pollyannarchy and The Debilitator, how can you go wrong? It was definitely a lot of fun - I highly recommend going next time they play. It was also a perfect place for me and my mustache to blend into a crowd--for the first time since I've started growing, no one even gave me a second glance.

Never one to rest on my laurels, my boy Mike (the Wispy Tickler) and I headed straight from the Roller Derby to see Rambo.

SPOILER ALERT: Rambo, despite being approximately 73 years old, can still operate a bow & arrow. And he also spends 10 minutes operating a giant gun that turns all the evil Burmese soldiers into ground beef. It was undoubtedly the worst movie I've seen in the theatre since Ben Affleck in "Daredevil". On the upside, it was only about 65 minutes long. And it was pretty unintentionally funny. I thought maybe I'd enjoy watching Rambo now that I'm the sort of guy who proudly wears a raggedy mustache.

I was wrong.


Rambo vs. the Charlotte Roller Girls: I'd rather face Rambo - he's more likely to break his hip.



FUNDRAISING UPDATE: Only 11 days left of the growing season. We're closing in on $15,000 raised so far. If you haven't donated yet, please visit our Mustaches for Kids' donation page! More posts and pictures soon.

No comments: