Thursday, July 31, 2008

quote of the day (July 31, 2008)

As we're getting ready for our chance to play baseball this afternoon at Busch Stadium, we've got another day of quotes from a very funny baseball announcer. Today, we feature Hall of Fame broadcaster Bob Uecker. He works for the Milwaukee Brewers, who stubbornly refuse to not suck against the stinking Cubs (see images throughout this post) this week. Maybe they'll be so inspired by their QOTD mention that they'll play better today...

One of Uecker's common themes is his less-than-stellar performance as a player for the Cardinals and Phillies:

"Career highlights? I had two. I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets."



"I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for $3,000. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up."



"People don't know this but I helped the Cardinals win the pennant. I came down with hepatitis. The trainer injected me with it."



"One time, I got pulled over at 4 a.m. I was fined $75 for being intoxicated and $400 for being with the Phillies."

No comments: