Thursday, February 7, 2008

24! (doop deep doop deep)

As I start this blog posting, it's just after midnight, meaning that I have exactly 24 hours to go in my first-ever facial hair experiment. It also means that I'm going to take the cheap way out - if I weren't so tired, I'd have found a sound file to make the 24 clock sound here. I'd also have done a better job of editing the photos to make this blatant ripoff of the Wispy Tickler's post below:

Chloe, upload the coordinates of the nearest drugstore to my PDA - I need more mustache wax, and THERE'S NO TIME!


Sadly, I don't have the web-building ability or patience to upload Jack Bauer whisper-yelling at you right now, so you have to read my dry text instead.

As we enter the final hours of our mustache-growing challenge, we've raised over $26,000 (almost $30,000 counting matching funds) - and there's still the 'Stache Bash at Madison's in uptown Charlotte on Friday night! $10 gets you free beer, food, and an awful lot of handsome gentlemen showing off their mustaches. It's like a win-win-win. Or the opposite of UNC's game vs Duke tonight.

Anyway, I'm going to keep this blog going for a while still - so I'll have time to thank everyone and give the final totals in the coming days. Now I'm off to bed to rest up for my last day looking like this guy:


(hey, at least I didn't put a Freddie Mercury picture here)

Good night and check out Our Progress on the donation page!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Just 24 short hours? Why God, why must he shave it off?!