Tuesday, June 17, 2008

quote of the day (June 17, 2008)

From the Not-Making-This-Up file, before we get going. As noted in today's Washington Post humor chat with the sometimes-humorous Gene Weingarten, Bill O'Reilly's forthcoming memoir will be titled A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity. This title is a perfect anagram for "Shameful Bona-Fide Hypocrite."
Yeah, well, "Keith Olbermann" is an anagram for "Ramble then oink."

Now, staying on the anagram theme, from one of our favorite QOTD movies - 2004's Shaun of the Dead.

"As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team... I don't know what he's talking about."
--Shaun (Simon Pegg) gives a pep talk to his younger co-workers at the appliance store where he works, just before the town is taken over by hungry zombies.

Hey, zombies. People may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know, 'cause I'd never eat the filthy motherf***ers.

No comments: