Wednesday, June 18, 2008

quote of the day (June 18, 2008)

We here at QOTD are not always the most punctual people. Though overflowing with good intentions (similar to, but not quite the same as overflowing with Good Vibrations. Less cinderblock bench-pressing.), we're often way behind on our to-do list. This can be a problem when you're a few months late for a birthday present, but can be even worse when you're a few months late for a court date.

Anyway, as so many of you have no doubt noticed, we here at QOTD neglected to mention Flag Day this past weekend. To make up for this egregious affront, we would like to both quote and display the most patriotic thing we could find. From It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Charlie (Charlie Day) sings his tribute to America:

"I'm gonna rise up, gonna kick a little ass, gonna kick some ass in the USA. Gonna climb a mountain, gonna sew a flag, gonna fly on an eagle. I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, I'm gonna rule this world, I'm gonna kick some ass, I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass. ROCK, FLAG, AND EAGLE."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weird! I was just talking about this awesome jean jacket the other day and you do have a birthday coming up....