Wednesday, June 25, 2008

quote of the day (June 25, 2008)

Back when this was a chronicle of my charity mustache, I extolled the virtues of Deadwood's Al Swearengen and his super-literate form of vulgarity. Now that this is a repository for our favorite quotes, I'd be remiss not to include a few from that fine HBO show that left the air too early...

"You can't slit the throat of everyone whose character it would improve."
--saloon/brothel owner and general badass Al Swearengen (Ian McShane), despairs over the strict rules imposed by societal norms

If you compare my glorious mustache to the fuzz grown by these ignorant hoopleheads, I will kill you where you stand.

"My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those that doubt me suck c**k by choice!"
--Tom Nutall (Rock Hill, South Carolina's own Leon Rippy), owner of one of the local saloons, exults in his new bicycle purchase

Masters me? Suck what by choice? Allll riiiiight.

No comments: